- 12/6: We will create our own covers for The Red Badge of Courage (you may do this on your own or in class that day)
- 12/6: Block II's opening scene products are due! It should be uploaded on your site under your code of conduct.
- 12/10: Vicksburg or Gettysburg brochure is due. It will be created in Pages (save as a gif or jpeg or screen shot it and upload it to your site under Before Brother Fought Brother (at the bottom)
- 12/15: Complete ALL pvOnline: do a little bit each day...I posted a sample schedule on the board in class. :)
- 12/15: Present INFORMAL content on one of these topics (found in pvOnline): Women, Soldier's Life, Children @ War, or War Technology. This means you use what is provided on pvOnline, create some slides with bullets, so you know what you are talking about and sum in up in a meaningfully short public speaking fashion. I'm not grading this for tech. I am ONLY looking at social studies content and public speaking. DON'T go crazy. This will be done in groups or pairs. I'm undecided so far.
- 12/16: ALL GRADES CLOSE DISTRICT-WIDE and report cards are processed
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
PTSA-- Library and P.E. Fundraiser
When: Monday the 22nd, Tuesday the 23rd and Wednesday the 24th of November.
What: Students will be able to purchase a daily ticket for a special privilege that day.
Cost: 1:00 a ticket. The ticket is good for one day only. Except for Library game pass
The wearing of hats, caps, and hoods.
The use of their I-pod during free time and lunch.
The use of their cell phone for texting only at lunch
Tank tops (NO Spaghetti straps.)
Pajama bottoms/ flannel pants
Computer game pass for the library at lunch.( Ticket good until December 19th)
You will purchase your tickets each morning in the Media Center. Cash only.
The PE dept. ( Mrs Barazk and Mr. Shultz ) will be selling a ticket for two dollars that can be used to get out of the Wed mile for one day in Dec. You will purchase those in class when you go to PE that week.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Today, after much discussion and revision, the debaters came ready (most :( of them) to debate. A twist was thrown in and each group was given an evaluator to individually coach his/her group and one was switched into another class. The year is about to start taking some twists and turns. :) Tomorrow we will be doing the Stephen Crane redo projects and the debate (all students should come to school or bring dapper clothes). More twists to come....
Monday, November 1, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Here's the application info. http://cmweb.pvschools.net/giftedweb/pdfs/DLCApplication.PDF
Here's the general DLC info. http://cmweb.pvschools.net/giftedweb/digitalLearningCenter.html
Here are the visitation plans (PLEASE ATTEND BOTH because each serves a different purpose and the events work together to give you a better picture of the DLC philosophy):
1. Please join us for a parent presentation on Tuesday, November 16th at 6:00 PM in the Sunrise Middle School Media Center. Sunrise is located at 4960 E. Acoma, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
2. A tour of the school and the Digital Learning Center is scheduled for the following Tuesday, November 23rd at 9:00 AM. Students are welcome to attend.
To RSVP: Please DO NOT call schools regarding classroom visits and observations. Requests should be directed to the Gifted Education Services Department.
Contact Gifted Services
Karen Monaghan Gifted Support Technician
Paradise Valley Unified School District